Jazz Aviation Pathways Program
Get your pilot career on the right path!
Our Jazz Aviation Pathways Program (Jazz APP) is the premiere education and training pathway for pilots in Canada. Through the Jazz APP, aviation students are provided an industry-leading education experience based on:
- Collaborative training and curriculum development,
- Prestigious scholarship awards,
- The continued opportunity for top-performing graduates to transition to first officer positions at Jazz.
Aviation Colleges, Flight Schools, and Universities
Program: Integrated ATPL
Program: Aviation Management – General Arts and Science
Program: Integrated APTL
Program: Pilotage d’aéronefs
Program: Aviation – General Arts and Science
Program: Aviation Flight Management
Program: Canadian Integrated Airline Transport License (iATPL)
Program: Commercial Aviation
Program: Aviation Technology – Flight
Program: Commercial Aviation Management
The Jazz Aviation Pathway Award for Professionalism. Awarded to a full-time student for outstanding contributions to safety, leadership and professionalism. The Award consists of a $3000 scholarship and an opportunity to participate in the Jazz Aviation Pathway Program (Jazz APP) selection process. The award recipient will be selected by the program chair or designate in consultation with Jazz Aviation to ensure the criteria as outlined are respected. The Jazz Aviation Pathway Award for Professionalism is offered to one student at each of the aviation colleges and universities participating in the Jazz APP.
The Jazz Aviation Pathway Award for Professionalism and Diversity. Awarded to a full-time student; who has self-identified as Aboriginal, a person with a disability, a visible minority or female, for outstanding contributions to safety, leadership and professionalism. The Award consists of a $3000 scholarship and an opportunity to participate in the Jazz Aviation Pathway Program (Jazz APP) selection process. The award recipient will be selected by the program chair or designate in consultation with Jazz Aviation to ensure the criteria as outlined are respected. The Jazz Aviation Pathway Award for Professionalism and Diversity is offered to one student at each of the aviation colleges and universities participating in the Jazz APP.
- Pilots selected to the Jazz APP program: For pilots to be hired directly from a Jazz APP institution, who were individually selected as part of the Jazz APP process, they will be qualified to fly Jazz aircraft directly from an integrated ATPL program or by having a minimum 250 hours total flying time with a commercial license, multi-IFR with and successful completion of the IATRA exams.
- Pilots graduating from a Jazz APP partner institution: Pilots who graduated from one of our Jazz APP aviation colleges, flight schools or universities are accepted into the hiring process with 500 hours of total flying experience, 100 hours of multi-engine flight time, and with the IATRA or ATPL exam(s) completed.
The Jazz Aviation Pathways Program includes an Instructor Pathway for Sault College, Seneca College, Air Richelieu and CQFA past graduates, who are currently instructors with their respective aviation programs, to have an opportunity for employment with Jazz, as pilots.
Contact us to learn more
Jazz is Air Canada's Largest Regional Partner
- We cover North America! Jazz is Air Canada’s largest regional operator of their Air Canada Express branded flying.
- Oh, Canada! We operate a fleet of over 100 Bombardier regional jets and turboprops made right here in Canada.
- Big plane dreams? Through Jazz’s pilot mobility agreement our pilots have the ability to flow to First Officer positions at Air Canada.